Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oranges

sold
This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending an art fair in one of the neighboring municipalities There were plenty of vendors in attendance. While it was a nice event, it was a little disappointing for me because of the lack of Art. This fair should have been aptly named Craft Fair. There was plenty of jewelry, trinket, bird houses and things on wooden sticks. Unfortunately, there was only 5 artist present out of about 200. I wonder if art fairs, in the pure sense, are becoming a thing of the past. Thereby, no longer a profitable venue for self-representing artist.


I call this one, (no surprise) Oranges. These scrumptious beauties were created by glazing. There are about 5 or 6 layers of thin paint. Each layer was allowed to dry before adding a new layer. I like the way this one turned out.